For $30/month you can sponsor a child and offer hope for a brighter future.
Once you choose a child, please call our office at 800-342-5531 x502 to confirm your selection of a child, as our website is under construction. Thanks!
Important note: When you select a child to sponsor, please write down their "ID Number" (example: NI100-00015) or copy "Ctrl+C" it before proceeding. You will need the child's number to complete the sponsorship transaction.
If you have questions or problems at any point in the process of sponsoring, please call us - 800-342-5531 x502.
What does Super Sponsor mean? Our Super Sponsor used to sponsor over 600 kids, but now is unable to continue to support. To choose one of these children, look under country "Super Sponsor."
- ID Number
- Oct 26, 2005
- 12 years
- Govt. School
- Volleyball, dancing
- Education, food, clothing
- Attends church and Sunday school
- 1 sister
- Estimated Population
- 1,205,073,612 (July 2012 est.)
- Land Area
- slightly more than one-third the size of the US
- Literacy Rate
- Death Rate
- 7.43 deaths/1,000 population
- Southern Asia, bordering the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal, between Burma and Pakistan
- India is developing into an open-market economy, yet traces of its past autarkic policies remain.
- Indo-Aryan 72%, Dravidian 25%, Mongoloid and other 3%
- State Religion
- Hindu 80.5%, Muslim 13.4%, Christian 2.3%, Sikh 1.9%, other 1.8%, unspecified 0.1%
- Child Care Ministries
In 1966, Child Care Ministries opened in India to offer a better living and learning atmosphere for children. Similar to boarding schools, hostels provide a place to live, proper nutrition, clothing and needed medical care for sponsored children. The children go to school near their hostel. House parents offer care, discipline and training in the Lord. Some kids have the fortunate advantage of living in these conditions; much better than they would live under at home. Many Indian children live on the streets because there is no other place to go.
At the hostel, children have access to water for bathing and washing clothes. Annual checkups, inoculations and weight records are services provided by staff members. Compulsory exercises and recreational activities are part of the program, too.
Five Child Care hostels are operating in India: Bombay and Ballarpur each house a boys hostel, in Umri two hostels provide proper living conditions for a group of boys and a group of girls, and the Bangalore hostel opened in 1994.