For $30/month you can sponsor a child and offer hope for a brighter future. Select a child from any available country or call our office to ask about children from unlisted countries or additional children from listed countries. There are many more children waiting.
Important note: When you select a child to sponsor, please write down their "ID Number" (example: NI100-00015) or copy "Ctrl+C" it before proceeding. You will need the child's number to complete the sponsorship transaction.
If you have questions or problems at any point in the process of sponsoring, please call us - 800.342.5531.
- ID Number
- Sep 20, 2007
- 9 years
- Arbegona Amanuel Light & Life
- soccer, drawing
- education, food, clothing
- attends church and Sunday school
- 1 brother
- Estimated Population
- 91,195,675 (July 2012 est.)
- Land Area
- slightly less than twice the size of Texas
- Literacy Rate
- Death Rate
- 9.3 deaths/1,000 population
- Eastern Africa, west of Somalia
- Ethiopia's economy is based on agriculture, which accounts for 46% of GDP and 85% of total employment. Coffee has been a major export crop. The agricultural sector suffers from poor cultivation practices and frequent drought.
- Oromo 34.5%, Amara 26.9%, Somalie 6.2%, Tigraway 6.1%, Sidama 4%, Gurage 2.5%, Welaita 2.3%, Hadiya 1.7%, Affar 1.7%, Gamo 1.5%, Gedeo 1.3%, other 11.3%
- State Religion
- Orthodox 43.5%, Muslim 33.9%, Protestant 18.6%, traditional 2.6%, Catholic 0.7%, other 0.7%
- Child Care Ministries