For $30/month you can sponsor a child and offer hope for a brighter future.
Once you choose a child, please call our office at 800-342-5531 x502 to confirm your selection of a child, as our website is under construction. Thanks!
Important note: When you select a child to sponsor, please write down their "ID Number" (example: NI100-00015) or copy "Ctrl+C" it before proceeding. You will need the child's number to complete the sponsorship transaction.
If you have questions or problems at any point in the process of sponsoring, please call us - 800-342-5531 x502.
What does Super Sponsor mean? Our Super Sponsor used to sponsor over 600 kids, but now is unable to continue to support. To choose one of these children, look under country "Super Sponsor."
- ID Number
- Sep 09, 2009
- 8 years
- Free Methodist Agape School
- story books
- education, food, clothing
- attends church and Sunday school
- 1 brother, 3 sisters
- Estimated Population
- 43,013,341 (July 2012 est.)
- Land Area
- slightly more than twice the size of Nevada
- Literacy Rate
- Death Rate
- 7.26 deaths/1,000 population
- Eastern Africa, bordering the Indian Ocean, between Somalia and Tanzania
- Kenya has been hampered by corruption and by reliance upon several primary goods whose prices have remained low. Low infrastructure investment threatens Kenya's long-term position as the largest East African economy.
- Kikuyu 22%, Luhya 14%, Luo 13%, Kalenjin 12%, Kamba 11%, Kisii 6%, Meru 6%, other African 15%, non-African (Asian, European, and Arab)
- State Religion
- Christian 82.5% (Protestant 47.4%, Catholic 23.3%, other 11.8%), Muslim 11.1%, Traditionalists 1.6%, other 1.7%, none 2.4%, unspecified 0.7%
- Child Care Ministries
The Free Methodist Churches in Kenya are divided into eight districts: North Nyanza, South Nyanza, North Rift Valley, South Rift Valley, Western, Central, Eastern, and Coast. The Free Methodist Child Sponsorship Program began in July, 1994 in Kenya.