For $30/month you can sponsor a child and offer hope for a brighter future. Select a child from any available country or call our office to ask about children from unlisted countries or additional children from listed countries. There are many more children waiting.
Important note: When you select a child to sponsor, please write down their "ID Number" (example: NI100-00015) or copy "Ctrl+C" it before proceeding. You will need the child's number to complete the sponsorship transaction.
If you have questions or problems at any point in the process of sponsoring, please call us - 800.342.5531.
Maricio Jesus de Oliveria
- ID Number
- Aug 07, 2003
- 13 years
- Pastor Jose Emilio Emerenciano
- soccer, bike
- education, food, clothing
- attends church and Sunday school
- 1 sister
- Estimated Population
- 199,321,413 (July 2012 est)
- Land Area
- slightly smaller than the US
- Literacy Rate
- Death Rate
- Eastern South America, bordering the Atlantic Ocean
- Characterized by large and well-developed agricultural, mining, manufacturing, and service sectors, Brazil's economy outweighs that of all South American countires, and Brazil is expanding its presence in the world markets.
- white 53.7%, mulatto (mixed white and black) 38.5%, black 6.2%, other (includes Japanese, Arab, Amerindian) 0.9%, unspecified 0.7% (2000 census)
- State Religion
- Roman Catholic (nominal) 73.6%, Protestant 15.4%, Spiritualist 1.3%, Bantu/voodoo 0.3%, other 1.8%, unspecified 0.2%, none 7.4% (2000 census)
- Child Care Ministries
ICCM in Brazil began in 1980. School begins the first of March and ends the middle of December.