For $30/month you can sponsor a child and offer hope for a brighter future. Select a child from any available country or call our office to ask about children from unlisted countries or additional children from listed countries. There are many more children waiting.
Important note: When you select a child to sponsor, please write down their "ID Number" (example: NI100-00015) or copy "Ctrl+C" it before proceeding. You will need the child's number to complete the sponsorship transaction.
If you have questions or problems at any point in the process of sponsoring, please call us - 800.342.5531.
- ID Number
- Jul 26, 2010
- 6 years
- Mbabe Free Methodist School
- education, food, clothing
- attends church and Sunday school
- 2 brothers, 2 sisters
- Estimated Population
- 11,689,696 (July 2012 est.)
- Land Area
- slightly smaller than Maryland
- Literacy Rate
- Death Rate
- 9.64 deaths/1,000 population
- Central Africa, east of Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Rwanda is a poor rural country with about 90% of the population engaged in (mainly subsistence) agriculture and some mineral and agro-processing
- Hutu (Bantu) 84%, Tutsi (Hamitic) 15%, Twa (Pygmy) 1%
- State Religion
- Roman Catholic 56.5%, Protestant 26%, Adventist 11.1%, Muslim 4.6%, indigenous beliefs 0.1%, none 1.7%
- Child Care Ministries
In 2012, ICCM began a new project in Rwanda. In an impoverished community near Kigali, the capital city, the Mbabe Free Methodist Church has begun a preschool for children ages 3 through 6. When children turn 7, they will begin to attend government schools. At that point, they will be enrolled in a study center program at the church to complement their learning experience and enrich their lives spiritually, socially and physically.