For $30/month you can sponsor a child and offer hope for a brighter future.
Once you choose a child, please call our office at 800-342-5531 x502 to confirm your selection of a child, as our website is under construction. Thanks!
Important note: When you select a child to sponsor, please write down their "ID Number" (example: NI100-00015) or copy "Ctrl+C" it before proceeding. You will need the child's number to complete the sponsorship transaction.
If you have questions or problems at any point in the process of sponsoring, please call us - 800-342-5531 x502.
What does Super Sponsor mean? Our Super Sponsor used to sponsor over 600 kids, but now is unable to continue to support. To choose one of these children, look under country "Super Sponsor."
- ID Number
- Nov 20, 2009
- 7 years
- Mbabe Free Methodist School
- education, food, clothing
- attends church and Sunday school
- 1 brother, 1 sister
- Estimated Population
- 11,689,696 (July 2012 est.)
- Land Area
- slightly smaller than Maryland
- Literacy Rate
- Death Rate
- 9.64 deaths/1,000 population
- Central Africa, east of Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Rwanda is a poor rural country with about 90% of the population engaged in (mainly subsistence) agriculture and some mineral and agro-processing
- Hutu (Bantu) 84%, Tutsi (Hamitic) 15%, Twa (Pygmy) 1%
- State Religion
- Roman Catholic 56.5%, Protestant 26%, Adventist 11.1%, Muslim 4.6%, indigenous beliefs 0.1%, none 1.7%
- Child Care Ministries
In 2012, ICCM began a new project in Rwanda. In an impoverished community near Kigali, the capital city, the Mbabe Free Methodist Church has begun a preschool for children ages 3 through 6. When children turn 7, they will begin to attend government schools. At that point, they will be enrolled in a study center program at the church to complement their learning experience and enrich their lives spiritually, socially and physically.