For $30/month you can sponsor a child and offer hope for a brighter future. Select a child from any available country or call our office to ask about children from unlisted countries or additional children from listed countries. There are many more children waiting.
Important note: When you select a child to sponsor, please write down their "ID Number" (example: NI100-00015) or copy "Ctrl+C" it before proceeding. You will need the child's number to complete the sponsorship transaction.
If you have questions or problems at any point in the process of sponsoring, please call us - 800.342.5531.
- ID Number
- Jun 10, 2006
- 10 years
- Kawangware Free Methodist Academy
- education, food, clothing
- attends church and Sunday school
- 2 brothers
- Estimated Population
- 43,013,341 (July 2012 est.)
- Land Area
- slightly more than twice the size of Nevada
- Literacy Rate
- Death Rate
- 7.26 deaths/1,000 population
- Eastern Africa, bordering the Indian Ocean, between Somalia and Tanzania
- Kenya has been hampered by corruption and by reliance upon several primary goods whose prices have remained low. Low infrastructure investment threatens Kenya's long-term position as the largest East African economy.
- Kikuyu 22%, Luhya 14%, Luo 13%, Kalenjin 12%, Kamba 11%, Kisii 6%, Meru 6%, other African 15%, non-African (Asian, European, and Arab)
- State Religion
- Christian 82.5% (Protestant 47.4%, Catholic 23.3%, other 11.8%), Muslim 11.1%, Traditionalists 1.6%, other 1.7%, none 2.4%, unspecified 0.7%
- Child Care Ministries
The Free Methodist Churches in Kenya are divided into eight districts: North Nyanza, South Nyanza, North Rift Valley, South Rift Valley, Western, Central, Eastern, and Coast. The Free Methodist Child Sponsorship Program began in July, 1994 in Kenya.