For $30/month you can sponsor a child and offer hope for a brighter future. Select a child from any available country or call our office to ask about children from unlisted countries or additional children from listed countries. There are many more children waiting.
Important note: When you select a child to sponsor, please write down their "ID Number" (example: NI100-00015) or copy "Ctrl+C" it before proceeding. You will need the child's number to complete the sponsorship transaction.
If you have questions or problems at any point in the process of sponsoring, please call us - 800.342.5531.
- ID Number
- May 14, 2011
- 5 years
- playing, dolls
- education, food, clothing
- attends church and Sunday school
- 2 sisters
- Estimated Population
- 9,801,664 (July 2012 est.)
- Land Area
- slightly smaller than Maryland
- Literacy Rate
- Death Rate
- 8.1 deaths/1,000 population
- Caribbean, western one-third of the island of Hispaniola, between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, west of the Dominican Republic
- Haiti is a free market economy that enjoys the advantages of low labor costs and tariff-free access to the US for many of its exports. Poverty, corruption, and poor access to education for much of the population are among Haiti's most serious disadvantage
- black 95%, mulatto and white 5%
- State Religion
- Roman Catholic 80%, Protestant 16% (Baptist 10%, Pentecostal 4%, Adventist 1%, other 1%), none 1%, other 3%
- Child Care Ministries
The Sponsorship Program of the Free Methodist Church began in Haiti in 1966. We have over 50 elementary schools and three secondary schools with over 6,000 children assisted through our Child Care Ministries Sponsorship Program. All schools open on October 1st and close on June 30th. The largest amount of sponsorsed children reside in Haiti.