For $30/month you can sponsor a child and offer hope for a brighter future.
Once you choose a child, please call our office at 800-342-5531 x502 to confirm your selection of a child, as our website is under construction. Thanks!
Important note: When you select a child to sponsor, please write down their "ID Number" (example: NI100-00015) or copy "Ctrl+C" it before proceeding. You will need the child's number to complete the sponsorship transaction.
If you have questions or problems at any point in the process of sponsoring, please call us - 800-342-5531 x502.
- ID Number
- Apr 02, 2010
- 7 years
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Linda Stryker Academy
- jump rope
- education, food, clothing
- attends church and Sunday school
- 2 brothers, 3 sisters
- Estimated Population
- just over 83 million
- Land Area
- slightly less than one-fourth the size of the US
- Literacy Rate
- Death Rate
- 9.6 deaths/1,000 population (2017 est.)
- Central Africa
- over 200 African ethnic groups of which the majority are Bantu; the four largest tribes - Mongo, Luba, Kongo (all Bantu), and the Mangbetu-Azande (Hamitic) make up about 45% of the population
- State Religion
- Roman Catholic 50%, Protestant 20%, Kimbanguist 10%, Muslim 10%, other (includes syncretic sects and indigenous beliefs) 10%
- Child Care Ministries
In Baraka, the first ICCM sponsored school in Congo has opened, and it bears the name Linda Stryker Academy (LSA). Linda served for 33 years as a Free Methodist missionary, who held a deep love for Jesus, Congo (her "adopted" home), her friends, and the lost.
Although the children attending the academy will never have the chance to meek and know Linda, by attending LSA, they have an opportunity to meet and know the same Jesus she faithfully served. The academy will be known for its academic excellence. Exceptionally bright children who, because of financial limitations, haven't had the opportunity of studying at top schools now have the hope of a quality education. Well educated, strong Christian teachers will prepare them to have an impact on their church, their community and their country . Those who may not know Jesus yet will learn about Him and how to live a God honoring life.